Privacy and Cookies
Levitas Clinic is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, it will only be used in accordance with our privacy statement.
Levitas Clinic reserves the right to change this policy from time to time by updating this page.
It is necessary for the purpose of providing healthcare for Levitas Clinic to retain member’s personal data including identity, contact details and medical information. All information is held within a secure and encrypted computer system. Patients may request copies of their medical records at anytime, in accordance with our Access to Medical Records policy available on request or from reception. We will not share your information with any other parties without your express consent, except in cases of emergency such as a life-threatening illness. We comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Please note that any demand for access may be subject a fee which covers our costs in providing you with the information requested.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The information collected by Levitas Clinic
- Information about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views). We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone.
- Information you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you register to receive information such as a newsletter.
- Information you provide when you refer yourself or are referred by a doctor.=
We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Date of Birth;
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- Financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
How the information collected is used
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Improve the content and design of the website
- To contact you about a request or enquiry you have made with us, for example requesting an appointment or service
- To provide you with information you may have requested, for example a newsletter
By sending us your details, health records etc. you consent and accept that it may be necessary for us to forward these clinical details electronically or in other formats.
Levitas Clinic will never share your information with other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A “cookie” is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that site to recognise your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some website features or services may not function properly without cookies.
Our website uses three cookies. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. These cookies allow us to distinguish you from other users of our website, which helps us to provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our site.
The cookies we use are “analytical” cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. You can find more information about the individual analytical cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the list below:
Cookies do not harm your computer and do not enable us or any third party to view any information on your computer’s hard drive. You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies.
However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information, which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.